- Pet Therapy: The Healing Power of Dogs April 1, 2020Continue Reading
Unleashed: The Healing Power of Dogs
“Who rescued whom?”
They’re already considered best friends, trusty companions and beloved members of the family. Now add to the dog’s list of accomplishments, heart healer, ...
- Facebook Live – Larew Internal Medicine Coping with Stress Management Monday March 30 at 6:30 pm March 27, 2020Continue Reading
Click HERE to learn how to join us for this very exciting Facebook Live event. Our guest speaker is Iowa City psychologist and University of Iowa Emeritus professor Dr. John Westefeld, who has taught and practiced Counseling Psychology for over 40 years. He will discuss the mental health challenges we are
facing in these ...
- Coronavirus Information for My Patients March 4, 2020Continue Reading
- Impossible Burger & Beyond Meat: Meaty Topics March 1, 2020Continue Reading
Meaty Topics: Impossible Burger & Beyond Meat
They’re 2019’s most sizzling success story, found everywhere from grocery freezer to fast food counter. Impossible Foods and Beyond Meat have brought the plant-based burger from fringe ...
- Heart Healthy Valentine’s Day Recipes February 19, 2020Continue Reading
In celebration of American Heart Month, please enjoy these two delicious heart-healthy recipes below.
- Second Educational Series – March 11th, 6:30-7:30 pm February 19, 2020Continue Reading
We are pleased to invite you to our second talk in the Larew Internal Medicine Educational Series on Wednesday, March 11th at 6:30 pm, featuring important information on Lyme disease presented by special guest Dr. David Kusner, Infectious Disease specialist at Mercy Hospital in Iowa ...
- Headaches – Types and Remedies February 1, 2020Continue Reading
Oh, My Aching Head
A dull pressure, a sharp pain, an uncomfortable pounding, a vise-like sensation – all can signal the start of a headache. A painful part of the human ...
- Antibiotics: Are You Aware? January 16, 2020Continue Reading
Are You Antibiotics Aware?
Spurred by Alexander Fleming’s serendipitous discovery of penicillin in 1928, antibiotics have rightfully become wonder drugs, often able to change the course of deadly bacterial infections in a matter of ...
- Dr. Larew is In the News! January 9, 2020Continue Reading
An exclusive interview with Dr. Larew has just been published in our community’s most influential newspaper, the Gazette. The article, aptly titled “Iowa City doctor seeking more time with patients opens concierge practice” offers an in-depth look at the benefits of joining Larew Internal Medicine.
Among the features ...
- Alcohol: Not Gender-Neutral December 2, 2019Continue Reading
The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-aNeutral
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women very differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine glass ...