Do you have an international trip coming up? Prepare for safe and healthy travels abroad with a visit to the Travel Clinic at Larew Internal Medicine.
- Tour groups
- Medical or religious missionary trips
- Individual and family vacation
- School-sponsored trips
- Study abroad
- Business trips
Call us 6 to 8 weeks before you leave to schedule a personalized travel medicine appointment. You’ll receive one-on-one guidance, expert advice and all the immunizations and medications needed to help reduce your risk of becoming sick far from home.
- Evaluating the safety of food and water throughout your journey.
- If visiting Second or Third World countries, providing vaccines and medications needed to prevent infectious disease.
- Making sure you’re up to date on routine immunizations.
- If visiting First World countries, advising on individual health and medical concerns.
Here are some of the vaccines/medications we provide:
- Meningitis vaccine
- Immunization against Hepatitis A and B
- Antimalarial medication
- Diarrhea antibiotic Altitude/Mountain sickness medication
- Influenza vaccine/Flu shot
- Yellow Fever
If you like to travel, I hope you have a trip overseas in your future. If you should be traveling to second or third world countries, I would recommend a visit to our Travel Clinic. For more information, please call my office at (319) 338-1535