Facebook Live Event: Travel Medicine PresentationMarch 1, 2023
Are You Protected? Essential Vaccinations Every Adult Should Consider – Part 3February 10, 2023
- Facebook Live Event: Travel Medicine Presentation March 1, 2023
Very Useful information for anyone looking to travel abroad
- Are You Protected? Essential Vaccinations Every Adult Should Consider – Part 3 February 10, 2023Continue Reading
Pneumonia, Flu, and COVID-19
In our final installment, we explore updates to three vaccines essential to protecting older adults from common, contagious and potentially life-threatening conditions: pneumonia, influenza and COVID-19.
Pneumonia vaccine: a confusing path forward?
A bit of background: Two generations ago, pneumonia was a very common cause of death not only among the old and infirm, ...
- Are You Protected? Essential Vaccinations Every Adult Should Consider – Part 2 February 4, 2023
New Solutions For An Age Old Problem: Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis
We continue our exploration of adult vaccinations with a look at much improved and updated versions of an old-time vaccine for diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis, as well as compelling new reasons to get it.
- Are You Protected? Essential Vaccinations Every Adult Should Consider – Part 1 January 30, 2023Continue Reading
Preventing the Pain of Shingles
While most discussions of vaccines have historically centered on children, the need for preventive immunizations doesn’t end in adulthood. New vaccines developed to prevent or minimize shingles, tetanus, influenza, pneumonia and COVID-19 in adults bring numerous benefits, as I share in this three-part series. I encourage all to consider ...
- The Future of Aging January 17, 2023Continue Reading
The First Hundred Years: Healthy Longevity May Ultimately Define the Future
Humankind has eternally searched for the fabled fountain of youth. While we suspect that a magical elixir to turn back time may never be discovered, in 2023 we are coming ever closer to a more achievable goal: using scientific breakthroughs to slow the process of ...
- Studying the Secrets of Super Agers January 17, 2023Continue Reading
The growing group of people able to enjoy 100 years of life may well be one of the most remarkable achievements of the 21st century. A generation ago, the number of centenarians worldwide was just 110,000; today they are 600,000 strong. Notably, a sizable segment of this long-lived group, aptly called Super Agers, reach 100 ...
- Facebook Live with Molly DePrenger December 15, 2022
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s: Updates from a Leading Geriatrician October 6, 2022Continue Reading
Senior Moments Or Something More?
As Baby Boomers continue the inexorable journey deep into their senior years, preserving cognitive function understandably tops the list of worries. While Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias are seen in just 5% of people over 65, that number jumps to 30% for people age 85 and over. Questions abound: is ...
- Nourish Body, Brain and Heart with the MIND Diet October 6, 2022Continue Reading
Mindful Eating for Your Brain
Harkening back to ancient civilizations, the concept of food as medicine represents one of today’s most cutting-edge approaches to prevention and disease management. Inspired by the intricate connection of mind and body wellness, a small, special group of diets have made their way into the mainstream offering benefits far beyond short-term ...
- In a Pickle and Looking for a New Summer Activity? July 8, 2022Continue Reading
Try Pickleball, the Country’s Fastest-Growing Sport
Tired of the same ‘ole routine every summer but find yourself in a pickle and looking for a new summer activity? Well, according to American Council on Exercise (ACE), you might want to consider pickleball.
As everyone from your next-door neighbor to ACE will attest, pickleball is extraordinarily ...
- Are You Protected? Essential Vaccinations Every Adult Should Consider – Part 1 January 30, 2023