- New Lung Cancer Screening Recommendations June 23, 2021
Spotlighting Both Challenges and Progress
This winter the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) released its new Lung Cancer screening recommendations, lowering both the starting age and pack-year criteria. Previously, low-dose computed tomography screening was advised for adults age 55 to 77 years with a 30 pack-year history of smoking who are current ...
- A Quick Guide to Seasonal Allergies June 22, 2021
Pollen, Grass, Ragweed and Mold spores
For more than 24 million Americans, the flowering trees and mild weather of spring and summer, signals another allergy season in full bloom. The cause: substances such as pollen, grass, ragweed and mold spores enter the body and are mistakenly identified as a threat by the immune system, triggering a ...
- The Art of Cooking Without Sugar June 22, 2021
A Chef’s Tasteful Look at Taking Sugar Off the Table
In part two of our series with professional chef Stan Hodes, he shares some artful substitutes, both natural and man-made, to sweeten up recipes without dipping into the sugar bowl.
“It’s almost impossible to eliminate sugar completely because it appears, sometimes stealthily, in just ...
- 4.13.21 J&J Vaccine Update April 14, 2021Continue Reading
As news regarding the J&J vaccine has changed significantly since our COVID-19 Vaccine Update posted on 3.24.21, we offer the following link to today’s Joint CDC and FDA Statement on Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine.
Please continue to check the CDC website for the latest vaccine information.
- Tipping Point: Stay Strong, Flexible and Balanced with Exercise March 30, 2021Continue Reading
Much of life is a balancing act… from learning to sit up as an infant through avoiding falls in the later years. Balance is the ability to distribute ...
- Cooking without Sodium or Sugar March 24, 2021Continue Reading
Executive Chef Stan Hodes Shares Secrets of the Spice Rack
The benefits of reducing sodium and sugar in the diet are compelling, backed by well- documented studies. The flip side is an equally powerful human craving for enhanced flavor, compounded by years of exposure to products boosted with salt and sugar and the ongoing quest for ...
- Facebook Live Event Thursday February 11th at 6:30 pm CST – Cooking with Molly February 9, 2021
Please join us for our Facebook Live series on Thursday, February 11th at 6:30 pm:Heart Healthy forValentine’s Day!Join us for a Valentine’s DayContinue Reading
- New Year’s Resolutions Are So 2020! January 1, 2021Continue Reading
What are your 2021 Anti-Resolutions?
Year after year, the pattern rarely varies. Resolutions made, promptly followed by resolutions broken. The odds of sticking to New Year’s resolutions are, in fact, completely stacked against ...
- Pandemic Stress Likely Compounded by Seasonal Affective Disorder January 1, 2021Continue Reading
Experts Expect Record Numbers of Seasonal Affective Disorder Diagnosis in 2021
As we continue to weather the storm of COVID-19, seasonal affective disorder, or SAD, is also ...
- Start 2021 off Right by Sticking to your Winter Exercise Plan January 1, 2021Continue Reading
A Winter Workout Routine Will Prepare You For Life After COVID
Exercise will reduce pain, improve function and mobility, lower blood pressure and blood sugar, decrease risk of chronic illness and ...
- New Year’s Resolutions Are So 2020! January 1, 2021